Day 3 – A Waiting Game

Today the wind conditions re-enforced that racing is a waiting game!  The wind was very slow in arriving and whilst we got on the water at the planned time this morning racing was delayed till late in the morning. The wind didn’t stay for long and continued to evade us even with the clouds that loomed in the distance these took until 3pm to give us the lift we needed to start racing.

Gold and Silver fleets displayed some close racing and others that could not get over the finish line within the time limit.  Once the wind finally kicked in it was full on with many races having lots of protests, with many of the umpire calls making one team happy and the other team questioning the call.  Either way the top few teams had many easy wins.

Bronze fleet did manage to get more races in today and have an interesting tie at the top with Tauranga Boys and Kerikeri tied on seven wins each.  Watch this space!

It’s still too soon to tell what’s really happening on results in Gold and Silver as all fleets are still trying to finish the RR2 due to lack of wind.

Wellington sailors were especially confused when the clouds were moving in one direction yet the wind at sea level was opposite.

Tomorrow we have a late start for racing with it being ANZAC DAY.  The briefing is at 11am in the morning.  Lest we forget.WC F-B 2